The aim of this module is to provide you with the key concepts of information systems that enable organisations to execute their strategy and ultimately meet customer needs through the use of IT.
At the end of this module learners will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of information systems.
- Understand the impact of information systems on managerial decision-making.
- Create an awareness of supporting IT infrastructures and the impact of emerging technologies on information systems.
- Appreciate the ethical issues involved in information system design and management.
- Introduce the importance of security and privacy in relation to Information Systems.