This module introduces the learner to programming and develops fundamental skills such as writing, editing, compiling and executing computer code and constructing algorithms to solve problems and produce working computing artefacts in a variety of computer programming languages.
This module will ensure learners meet the following objectives:
- Introduce the concepts of computer programming, programming languages, algorithms, data structurers and automated problem-solving.
- Develop problem-solving skills using computing programming.
- Establish a basic grounding in an object-orientated programming language.
- Develop techniques for implementing algorithms in an applicable object orientated language.
- Introduce the importance of the design, documentation, testing and debugging phases of producing a computing artefact.