The indicative syllabus of this module is outlined below:
The role of spreadsheets:
- Use of spreadsheets in business;
- basic capabilities of spreadsheets;
- Terminology associated with spreadsheets.
Designing worksheets 1:
- Layout of data; commenting within a spreadsheet;
- auditing of information requirement.
Designing worksheets 2:
- Protecting cells; hiding cells; formatting cells.
- Where to get data; importing data from sources;
- converting data.
- Data cleansing; grouping data; extracting data;
- simple statistics tests.
Functions in Spreadsheets:
- Prominent functions; using the formula tab;
- building functions; automating tasks.