The aims of this module are to enable the learner to:
- Assess the main themes, perspectives and issues in the area of corporate governance
- Gain competence to describe and appraise corporate governance in Ireland
- Discuss in an informed way the development of corporate governance structures.
- Evaluate the nature and importance of business ethics and core values in business decisions and assess the emerging ethical issues in business.
- Understand the ethical issues that arise when examining both corporate social responsibility and corporate governance.
- Appraise ethical issues and propose solutions to these issues using practical assessment tools.