Mary has worked in education since 2009 and is passionate in her belief that education can change lives and positively shapes our shared future. Mary expresses this passion through her appetite for lifelong learning underpinning a learner-centric approach in Higher Education and related Communities of Learning.
Having commenced her career as a Barrister and practising for over 8 years, Mary transferred full -time into education in 2013 and has since this time occupied diverse and dynamic roles in education such as Module Leader, Programme Leader, and Course Director for Business and Law and now as Dean of Academic Affairs in Dorset College.
Qualifications and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Doctorate of Education (EdD) (Assessment, Teaching and Learning) DCU. Expected completion 2022
- Professional Certificate for Entrepreneurial Educators UCD 2017
- Diploma in Management Studies Dublin Business School 2016
- Barrister at Law (BL) The Honourable Society of Kings Inns 2005
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) (with French Law) UCD 2003
- Higher Diploma in French Civil Law Université Paris 2, Panthéon-Assas, Paris, France, 2004
- Higher Diploma in French Language Studies Université Paris 2, Panthéon-Assas, Paris, France , 2004
Working in the Education sector for over 10 years, Mary has extensive experience as a lecturer in the areas of law and business. As Dean of Academic Affairs Mary is responsible for; programme quality and governance, driving programme development, ensuring programmes are academically robust in construct, providing oversight to programme teams to ensure quality is assured in programme teaching and assessment.
• Education & Academic Quality
• Corporate Law and Governance
• Ethics and Corporate Governance
• Management Practice